Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pictures from the 1997 Michigan State-Penn State game




I went through my personal archives of newspaper clippings and came across the Lansing State Journal sports section from November 30, 1997. Here are some post game photos from the newspaper. I hope the Lansing State Journal doesn't stumble on this blog and decide to sue me.
I remember that day as being cold, drizzly and very gray (in other words, a typical November day in Michigan). It's great to see these photos and have my memories confirmed.
By the way, Ike Reese is one of my all-time favorite Spartan athletes. What he may have lacked in sheer athletic ability he more than made up for in grit, determination, and character. He parlayed that into a nine-year NFL career. I hear that he is now hosting a sports radio show in Pennsylvania, and will be the Spartans' honorary captain when they take on the Nittany Lions.



1 comment:

huntington bank hours said...

Weary of making the long trip to Huntington Bank just to confirm the working hours. You don't need to worry since you will learn in full when this bank holding company opens and closes. For the most part, Huntington Bank opens at roughly 9 AM and closes at 5 PM. Additionally, familiarise yourself with Huntington Bank's operating schedule so that you may plan your visit, even on regular days and holidays.