Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm getting too old for this New Year's stuff. Last night, we went to a friend's house for New Year's Eve and I had the hardest time staying awake until midnight. After the ball came down, we finally headed home from Lansing to Okemos at about 1 o'clock in the morning. I really hate driving in the hour or so immediately following the New Year, as I'm paranoid of police and drunk drivers on the road. (I had only had two beers and a half-glass of champagne, but am always terrified that some Dudley Do-Right will pull me over for some silly reason). I was greatly relieved when we finally pulled into our safe driveway.

Moving on to other matters. A few minutes ago, I watched Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, and Chris Fowler give their pre-game "analysis" of the Capital One Bowl. As I should have expected, from their overview of the game one would assume that the only team playing was Georgia. I acknowledge that Michigan State is the underdog in this game, but I really felt like throwing a shoe at the TV listening to those guys. It just might make my YEAR if MSU could beat Georgia.

That's all for now. I think I'll watch some sports now.

No comments: