Saturday, January 31, 2015

One last (boring) post for January

My goal is to crank out more content in this blog, even if the content is crap. So don't say I didn't warn you.

I have 30 minutes to get this in before it's officially February. I'd like to actually get in three blog posts in one month. That'd be amazing.

So I'm drinking a glass of shiraz and watching the local news, trying to simultaneously type and stop the cat from destroying the living room.

So now Saturday Night Live has started and the opening sketch is one of ersatz Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch hosting their own TV show. Not as funny as Key & Peele's Super Bowl Special that aired last night.

Watching the opening credits of SNL, the current cast are young enough to be my children. They all look like fresh-faced kids.

I love J.K. Simmons and he's the guest host. Doing a fun riff on his maniacal music teacher role in Whiplash. Various cast members flailing away on the drums while Simmons yells at them. Now Fred Armisen, a real drummer, takes over behind the kit and tears through a drum solo. Cute sketch, but not that funny.

Well, this post is tedious enough, so I'm out of here for now.





No comments: