Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Random stuff written back on May 25th and now seeing the light of day

"I write to my mortality."--Sherman Alexie, A Tiny Sense of Accomplishment podcast episode 25. Although I'd never compare myself to an accomplished author like Sherman Alexie, or most accomplished authors out there for that matter, I'd say at least half of my compulsion to write is based on what Alexie says. Maybe it's egotistical on my part, but I'd like my ramblings to possibly outlive me, so I guess I write for some sense of "immortality."


Alexie and co-host Jess Walter also talk about Go Set a Watchman and how they weren't bothered that Atticus Finch is not the paragon of virtuousness from To Kill a Mockingbird. I agree. I wasn't bothered by this characterization of Atticus. It seemed fitting for the time period and setting portrayed in the book.


I'm a little saddened and disturbed by the fact that I sometimes dream that I'm on Facebook.


The Michigan State Senate is terrible and Governor Snyder is a crook. Just sayin'.


Isn't "Just sayin'" the most passively aggressive and irritating phrase currently in popular usage? Just sayin'.

No comments: