Tuesday, June 2, 2020

A brief expression of sorrow

Could the world possible get any worse? (That is a rhetorical question. Of course it could, and I sure as hell hope it doesn't).

George Floyd is murdered in Minneapolis, captured in perhaps the most chilling video I have ever seen. I honestly don't know how anyone but the most deluded racist can NOT conclude that the cop involved in this (Derek Chauvin) is a racist sociopath/psychopath. He deserves to be convicted of this crime and sent to prison for a long time. 

How many more times do we have to talk about a black person killed by police? When will this ever end? When will police ever be held accountable for their actions?

The ensuing rebellions around the country, and in particular the tone deaf response from our horrible president, have been depressing. It just compounds the depression I have already had regarding coronavirus and Trump's terrible response to that crisis.

I am depressed about the state of our country. It gets worse all the time, and I wonder when we hit rock bottom. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the soul of this country is at stake in this November election. 

No comments: