Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Brainsplotch Big Ten Football Awards

Quite some time ago I mentioned that I'd be handing out the First Annual Brainsplotch Big Ten Football Awards. Unfortunately, life kind of got in the way and I have both neglected this blog and NOT given out the awards. Knowing how much it means to the Big Ten, I am back to hand out these much coveted "virtual trophies."

Most valuable player--Shonn Greene, Iowa

Best Running Back--Shonn Greene, Iowa (Javon Ringer, Evan Royster, and Chris "Beanie" Wells close behind)

Best Quarterback--Daryll Clark, Penn State

Best Wide Receiver--Arrelious Benn, Illinois (not a real standout year for receivers)

Best Kicker--Brett Swenson, Michigan State

Best Defensive Player (sorry, I don't feel like breaking this down by position)--James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

Coach of the Year--Mark Dantonio, Michigan State (sure, call me a homer, but I give Dantonio the nod slightly over Pat Fitzgerald of Northwestern. Getting MSU to a 6-2, third place finish in the Big Ten in just his second year, and changing the culture and attitude of the program in the meantime, is enough for me to give this award to Dantonio).

No comments: