Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just checking in with my loyal readers

It's a bright, sunny autumn Saturday here in mid-Michigan, just the type of day I absolutely love.

This post is not going to be one of any great significance, just a few random observations.

We have had very little rain here for a number of weeks, so I mowed the lawn for the first time in two weeks. Had to get the mowing in before the start of the Michigan State/Notre Dame football game at 3:30.

I don't have a read on the MSU/ND game. It's hard to get a feel for how good either one of these teams are. A recurring theme this week seems to be how embarrassing it must be for State to have lost to Central Michigan. I agree that a Big Ten team should not lose to a MAC team in its own stadium, but there is so much more parity in college football these days then I can ever remember. CMU is probably the best team in the MAC, led by an experienced and gifted quarterback. I don't think MSU's loss is as embarrassing as some may think. I just hope State can at least play a competitive game today.

I'm getting the full-court press from my four year-old, so I'm going to cut this short for now. I actually wanted to discuss a few non football related topics. Will have to wait for later.

No comments: