Saturday, April 3, 2010

A few thoughts before tip-off

As usual, I'm extremely anxious and jacked up for tonight's MSU/Butler game. This sensation never ends, I felt it before Spartan games when I was ten, feel it now when I'm 42, and may feel the same way when I'm 82 (if I live that long). I need to remind myself that, win or lose tonight, it has been another great season for Michigan State basketball. They won another Big Ten title and made it considerably further in the NCAA tournament than most of us expected.

Butler sounds like a great team. They've played some tough teams in the tournament and have a 24-game winning streak. They are excellect defensively and play very smart. I hope that Korie Lucious plays well, because I'm sure he will be pressured by Butler's defense. MSU has proven throughout this tournament that they can win close games, and I hope that this, combined with the toughness gained through a rugged Big Ten season, will be enough to get the Spartans the victory.

No comments: