Sunday, December 19, 2021

Another dispatch from the Covid hellscape

How many times during this pandemic did we think we were "over the hump"? How many times did it feel like life was getting better? At this point, I've lost count.

I remember going to SuburbsFest in early October--which now feels like a long time ago--and seeing a flicker of light at the end of the pandemic tunnel. We were almost entirely maskless, while we listened to and/or performed music, recorded podcast episodes, and traipsed around D.C., and life actually felt pretty normal.

Now it's late December and it seems we are in the midst of the worst spike in Covid since this pandemic began two years ago. (Two years already! Can you believe that?). 

Between the never-ending Covid situation and our precarious political climate, am I the only one who feels like I'm living in a fututistic dystopian novel?

So in this big Covid spike, we are headed to Germany to visit our older son and his girlfriend's family. It should be an adventure. This will be my first ever trip to Europe. Chose a hell of a time to go, didn't I? 

I will try and post pictures of Germany here and on the various "socials."

No comments: