Monday, December 20, 2021

At Metro Airport

I am currently waiting at the Lufthansa gate for our flight to Frankfurt. Going through TSA always fills we with dread, but it never seems to be quite as bad as I expect. The Omicron strain and Covid spike, combined with international travel, had me a little extra on edge.

I am feeling like about the only person waiting who doesn't speak German.

Besides my phone, I am passing the time with the latest Entertainment Weekly. I had considered also buying The New Yorker to combine high brow with middle/low brow, but who am I kidding? I do not feel like reading The New Yorker. (Another "high brow" possibility was The Atlantic, but the cover had me so depressed that I quickly nixed that. I don't need to be reminded what a political shit show America is. I know.

That's all for now. Wish us luck.

No comments: