Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

I am currently at a family get-together drinking a beer and watching the Detroit Lions demolish the Chicago Bears. We will soon be eating dinner.

The last few days, I have read Patti Smith's A Book of Days, which was a Christmas gift from my niece. It is an excellent collection of photos and accompanying captions that Patti Smith posted on Instagram the last few years. The book will make you want to investigate and or read the works of the many artists, poets, novelists, and musicians that she celebrates within the pages of the book. 

Patti Smith writes with the flare and floridness of a poet. It's not always a style that I gravitate towards, but I never doubt her sincerity. She is a deep thinker and clearly someone who has completely dedicated and immersed herself into the life of an artist and seeker of knowledge and truth. I admire her for this. If you like Patti Smith, or have any interest in the arts, I recommend seeking out this book.

No comments: