Monday, January 29, 2024

49ers 34, Lions 31. A crushing end to the season.

The Lions lost a heartbreaker yesterday and I'm pretty devastated...well, as devastated as one can get from the result of a sportsball game.

Consider this a particular blog post a therapy session. My own private therapy session in which I vent to nobody in particular. Read at your own risk.

I may need to resign myself to the real possibility that the Detroit Lions will never go to a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I need to make my peace with this. (And you may need to take everything I write with a grain of salt because I'm despondent and simply venting).

I am honestly surprised and a little embarrassed that I'm taking this loss so hard. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with how great the team looked in the first half (24-7 lead) and how utterly abysmal they played in the second half (outscored 27-7; lost 34-31). The Lions dangled the Super Bowl carrot in front of us fans before quickly pulling it away.

I don't have anything else to say about this game, so this will likely be my only post about it. 


No comments: