Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Happy Boxing Day

I am at home on the couch watching older son commandeer the television, which is fine because there is nothing I really want to watch anyway. I think we will have anime and funny YouTube videos in our future. 

We are watching a compilation of real-life car accidents taken from dash cams--more like "fender benders" that people walk away from, and nothing catastrophic or fatal. In a weird way, these are actually quite fascinating to see. It's shocking to see how terrible some of these drivers are.

I am happy to report I have started reading Absolute Beginners again, as I promised I would. I hope to finish it by New Year's Eve. I want to get just one more book into my "books read in 2023." 

My four-day weekend concludes today, but I think I can handle a three-day work week. It should be pretty "chill" at work, and there doesn't appear to be any bad weather that will disrupt driving. Smooth sailing [knock on wood] to my NEXT four-day weekend that starts on December 30.

No comments: