Friday, December 15, 2023

My Friday

I successfully procured a new debit card, so here's hoping I can keep it "uncorrupted" for a while.

Tonight was essentially a glass of red wine, curry chicken, naan, samosa, and then one of the silliest teen comedies I have seen in awhile, Bottoms. It is like a combination of Superbad, Booksmart, and Fight Club. Quite fun if also completely ridiculous. In short, a perfect movie for a Friday night when your brain is fried.

This morning, I played The White Stripes' Elephant on the way to work and on the way hoe. How is it that the album was released twenty years ago? I already felt a little old in 2003. The album was a breath of fresh air then, after I hadn't been paying much attention to new music between 2001 and 2003. I was only vaguely familiar with The White Stripes in '03, even though they were from Detroit. That's how out if it I was. 

Not sure what point I'm trying to make, other than Elephant has held up well, and of course "Seven Nation Army" has amazingly become the biggest college football jock jam ever. Who would have seen that coming in 2003?

No comments: