Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year's Eve

This is my final post of 2023.

I woke up this morning still despondent over the Detroit Lions' heartbreaking (and highly controversial) loss to the [fucking] Dallas Cowboys. Still, I managed to scrape myself out of bed and face the world.

After watching CBS Sunday Morning--a ubiquitous weekly activity--I went outside for a four(ish) mile walk to get as close to 10,000 steps as possible. As of this morning, I still needed about 8,000 steps to hit my 10,000 step per day average for the month of December. (Yes, I obsess over this stuff if you hadn't noticed).

Sadly, I will not finish with as many steps or miles as 2022, but I am blaming that on one big FitBit equipment malfunction I had while in DC during SuburbsFest. I also came up short on steps two weeks ago during the particularly trying several days I went through with my mom's illness. (She is--fingers crossed--on the mend).

When my exercise was over, we all piled in the Kia Telluride and drove out to tiny Metamora for an early dinner at the historic White Horse Inn. I wasn't thrilled about driving an hour to eat a meal on New Year's Eve, but whatever. A certain family member decided to use the gift certificate we'd given her for Christmas, so most of the dinner was free...(or was it? We had paid for the GC, so it really only felt free).

We rolled back home at about 6:30 PM, and that's where we are now: finally relaxing while older son plays funny YouTube videos on our TV.

I wish everyone out there a Happy New Year!

No comments: