Saturday, December 16, 2023

Plenty of "nice" today

The Christmas tree is up and decorated, and that is nice.

Michigan State basketball rose from the ashes today and beat undefeated and 6th ranked Baylor in convincing fashion, and that is nice.

The Detroit Lions shook off the doldrums and throttled the Denver Broncos, 42-17, and THAT is nice.

So plenty of nice things happened today.

In other news, I knocked out a five-kilometer run, which I did DURING the Michigan State basketball game because I was convinced I would jinx them if I rushed home and watched the game on television. I needed to get out there and get exercise anyway. If the weather is reasonably decent and there is sunlight, I absolutely have to get outside and take advantage of it.

I did, however, watch the entire Lions game, which caused me a little bit of stress because I'm not used to the Lions playing meaningful games this late in the season. They are usually hopelessly irrelevant by this time of the year. Thankfully, this is not the case this season.

With that, I will wrap up today's post and try for a more substantial one tomorrow.


No comments: