Thursday, December 1, 2022

A Little December experiment

Here is an experiment to see if I can write something every day in the month of December.

We bought tickets for the Detroit Lions/Jacksonville Jaguars game this Sunday. Why, you might ask? Well, it started when L. thought she might have scored free tickets at work. I suddenly got excited about the prospect of going to my first Lions game since 1997, when I saw Barry Sanders run roughshod over the Indianapolis Colts at the dearly departed Pontiac Silverdome. Unfortunately, someone else snatched up the tix before us, but the hankering to see the Lions at Ford Field--a venue I still have not been in--had firmly dug its claws (Lion claws?) in my brain. So, even though this will decidedly NOT be a free Lions game, we are going. Oh, but at least we have better seats than those free tickets. So, anyway, I'm excited about that. Whether the Lions win or not, it should be an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. Unlike most other late season football games I attend, weather conditions will play no role. It should be cozy indoors at Ford Field.

No comments: