Saturday, December 3, 2022

A short update and then a tech glitch, and then I'm back after the glitch

Today it was mainly me and younger son.

I started the day by checking on the progress of my Sony 5-disc player, which is ostensibly being repaired at a shop. I left a message and didn't hear back, so who knows what the hell is going on with that. Stereo equipment repair dudes are as bad as car repair dudes when it comes to follow-up. I suppose I just have to keep pestering and eventually I"ll get an update. Good thing I have a backup CD player, so it's not urgent.

After this, there was the matter of me not having much in the way of Detroit Lions gear for tomorrow's trip to Ford Field. Yes, that IS an issue. I made the short trip to the mall to pick up a shiny new Lions hat.

I am having a technical glitch so will just post this now and update later.

---

I am back. Serves me right for trying to write this on my phone.

So after I bought my nice new Detroit Lions hat, I stopped at Jimmy John's to get younger son a sandwich for lunch since he is allergic to leftovers. After he ate, I pestered him to drive because he really needs to practice driving and get hours in to get his permanent driver's license. Eventually, he succumbed (he's still a somewhat reluctant driver and really needs to get poked and prodded to do it. The thing is, he's a pretty good driver, but just needs a bit more confidence). So, we drove to the Record Lounge, about 10 miles from our house, and I sold back some cruddy old vinyl soundtrack albums that I have had for decades and have never listened to and have absolutely no intention of ever listening to. Younger son had some fun browsing the R&B/Soul section and gave me some ideas for potential Christmas gifts for him. Spoiler alert: the album in question is a Candi Staton album. I hope it is still there when I pop in there again on Tuesday.

No comments: