Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas!

I am taking a few moments in the aftermath of this morning's Christmas festivities to knock out another post. 25 in a row. I amaze even myself. I wasn't sure if I could really do this. I am not sure of the quality of some of these posts, but I hope that at least some of them have been entertaining and/or informative.

Last night's drive to and from Detroit Metro Airport was truly harrowing. This is the worst Christmas weather we have had since 2013, when a horrific ice storm knocked out power in our area for a solid week. I suppose I will accept bad driving conditions over no power. Last night, we saw a few spinouts on the road, did a little fishtailing ourselves on I-96 heading towards Detroit, and saw a few abandoned cars along the side of the highway.

In a few minutes, I'll have to abandon this blog post and go outside and--guess what?--do a bit more shoveling. We have some family arriving and the driveway needs to be cleared at least a bit.

As for gift exchange, younger son made out like a bandit with all sorts of haircare and fashion products and clothes. He is quite the fashion maven now. Older son received the new laptop that he wanted. Santa got L. a Brandi Carlile fleece blanket and a few other smaller items. Santa got me the Beatles' Revolver special edition 5-disc box set that I pretty blatantly requested and a few other sundry items, including a new pair of pants and some cute Grover (as in Sesame Street's Grover) socks. Yes, in my older years I have finally acknowledged the fun of wearing funny socks. This is something I never ever would have done as a younger person. Now, I just don't give a damn anymore.

Well, that snow won't shovel itself. [Bad dad joke]. I now need to bundle up, turn on those trusty bluetooth headphones, and listen to a podcast while I scrape snow off the driveway.

I hope anyone and everyone out there reading this has a wonderful Christmas!


No comments: