Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year's Eve!

I spent this morning and early afternoon reading a couple thin Images of America books to reach my woefully miniscule yearly reading goal. It is so woefully miniscule that I'm embarrassed to give the number...oh fuck it, it's 25 books. Yes, I know there are folks out there who probably read 25 books in a month, maybe even a week. I wish I was one of those people, but I'm not and probably never will be.

In the late afternoon, I went out for one final run, which in this case was just a walk/run. I knocked out 5 kilometers yesterday, so today it was 3.25 km (about two miles) running and 2.5 kilometers of walking. I enjoy the days when I mix it up. I will run a half-kilometer, and then walk a half-kilometer and simply enjoy being outside in nature (while, of course, also listening to a podcast. I don't really listen to music that much anymore while running, I tend to enjoy hearing people talk about movies, music, television, politics, or sports. I can't really explain why that is. Maybe the voices are more soothing, as if I'm being accompanied on my run by friends talking to me though my bluetooth headphones).

It looks like it will be a calm, relaxing New Year's Eve just watching episodes of The Mosquito Coast (or maybe something else later), until midnight. See, that's why I don't read more: I watch too much goddamned television. 

I know this will sound incredibly petty and beneath me as a grown-ass adult, but I'm relieved that the Michigan Wolverines football team lost this afternoon and is now out of the college football playoff.  The thought of Michigan winning the national championship filled me with dread.

It looks as if we are about to continue watching our show, so I shall leave you for now. I hope all three or four people who read this blog have a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve.

No comments: