Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Musicians and bands that I like, yet don't own any of their records

For this post, I thought it'd be fun to list musicians and bands that I like, yet don't own any of their records. This harkens back to an earlier post in which I compared soccer to bands you like when you hear them, yet for whatever reason have never bothered to buy any of their records.

So here is a list of three bands off the top of my head. I may add others as I think of them:

The Beths--This New Zealand power pop band has three albums out already. I've liked everything I've hear by them, yet I do not own any of their records. They are an absolutely infectious power pop band, though.

The Cramps--One of the most famous bands to emerge from the punk era and a precursor to goth. They have had a recent resurgence based on their version of the song "Goo Goo Muck" appearing in the Netflix show Wednesday. Like The Beths, I've liked everything I've heard from The Cramps, yet somehow don't own a single record, cassette, or CD they have released. I am always on the lookout "in the wild," but never see anything. I suppose I could order something on-line, but that's just not as fun.

Sleaford Mods--These two blokes from Nottingham, England have a sound that is hard to describe. Jason Williamson is not quite a rapper and definitely not a singer. He yelps and bellows out rapid-fire lyrics that are sometimes angry, sometimes funny. The musical accompaniment is beats, rhythms, and sounds provided by the laconic Andrew Fearn on his laptop computer. In short, it's great music to run to, but I've never bought any of their records. My issue is that, though I love to listen to them in my earbuds, I just can't envision sitting in the living room listening to a full album and listening to Sleaford Mods in the car might make me more prone to road rage.

No comments: